There is no locking scheme on this wiki, and there likely never will be. Here are tips to avoid clobbering and being clobbered.
- Save often (don't hold an edit session open for more than 5 min)
- Refresh often
- You go to edit a topic and see the "Uncommitted Edit" warning, come back a little later.
- Use the Recent Changes and Recent Changes X to determine when the activity on a particular topic may have subsided
- Don't try to edit two topics at once
- Long sections of new content can be crafted in a separate text editor and then pasted into a topic. This way the edit time is minimized, and as an extra bonus, you can check your spelling
- Never use Back (or Forward) button to go to a previously received browser-page containing the wiki-editor (data may be obsolete !). Instead always click Edit (or Refresh) again.
See also: Wiki Document Editing
Contributors: Lauren Clarke
Category Learning Wiki
( Topic last updated: 2010.11.28 03:14:51 AM )