What is it and how to use it?
It is a program intended to be used with SCM tools (Source Code Managers, like VSS, CVS, SVN) and DVCS tools (like Git, Mercurial, Plastic, and others), or as standalone program for Diff (see differences) and Merge operations, that pretends to substitute Scc Text(X) and TwoFox and enhance their functionality, generating bidirectional PRG-Style versions that permits to recreate the original binary file.
More info in VFPx project:
- It generates "PRG" style programas (no compilables), for visual comparison
- It enables the the change of the TEXT version as easy as modifying a PRG
- All the program code is in just one PRG, to simplify its copy and maintainability
- With TEXT versions you can regenerate the original binaries, so it is useful as backup
- The extensions are configurable if you create the FOXBIN2PRG.CFG file
- Methods and properties of TEXT version are alphabetically sorted for easy comparison
- It has compatibility with SCCTEXT at parameter level so can be used as sustitute with Source Safe
- Productivity: You can create a shortcut in the "SendTo" folder on your user Windows Profile, so you can "send" the selected file (pjx,pj2,etc) to Foxbin2prg.exe and the vbs scripts attached, and make on-the-fly conversions
Category Development Tools, Category Configuration Management, Category Code Samples
( Topic last updated: 2014.11.02 07:30:50 AM )