In looking at how the VFPBrand was positioned in VFP Brand Marketing Problem, here's a punch list for VFP Brand Marketing
- You'll get no respect from Microsoft. Here's how:
- Uninformed MS Reps will say it's a dead product. Getting this behavior reversed is an achievable goal.
- MS won't print favorable articles. But: name one VFP guru that has submitted articles. Rick Strahl sends his masterpieces to FoxPro Advisor. That sucks, but that's the reality of it. Stuff doesn't get printed because it never gets written.
- MS won't advertise VFP. MS has dozens of new software ventures going that are far from guaranteed to succeed that are vital to the company. How much advertising would be required, placed where, to make any real difference? Also given the blatently transparent bullshit claims that microsoft makes in its ads these days ("...the databases don't care, they merge seamlessly") what effectiveness do you think these ads might have? -- Steven Black
- You may be ridiculed for using it. VFP is scoffable.
See: VFP Brand Marketing Problem, Ideas For Marketing VFP
Category VFP Marketing
This sounds exactly what I was trying to get at with VFP Advertising Deprivation Syndrome about a month ago. If anyone can provide me with a (colaborative) press release, I will send it everywhere in Australia
-- Peter Easson
Peter, how can you possibly conclude that this has anything whatsoever to do with advertising? VFP's brand marketing problems cannot be solved with advertizing. You either did not read, or do not understand, the analysis.-- Steven Black
( Topic last updated: 2005.09.13 03:44:15 PM )