Does anybody have recommendations for VFP table corruption repair tools?
- Stonefield Database Toolkit - Checks and/or Repairs: corrupted indexes or tables invalid DBCs most common DBF header problems, including corrupted headers renamed or deleted fields and tables corrupted memo headers and more.
- dTools - a discontinued product from ELSoftware. I remember that is was pretty good back in 94, but now I can't find my product key, so I can't use it any more. -- CFK (Eric actually has upgraded DTools to work in Visual FoxPro but SDT still reigns! Art Bergquist)
- dSalvage - Checks and/or Repairs: cross-linking or lost cluster damage in the File Allocation Table all common forms of memo-related damage including corrupt "next-free-block" pointers in memo files as well as memo field pointer corruption in the DBF files, corrupt pointers in memo fields, unwanted end of file markers, damaged or missing file headers, ZAP'd files and more. Doesn't support VFP tables, only FoxPro 2.x tables.
- Fox Fix
www.foxfix.com [Domain for sale - only $10k! [2014.02.10] ] - Checks and/or Repairs: corrupted open databases, damaged table and fpt headers, memo file headers, incorrect header length, invalid pointers and cross-links in memos, missing memos, record length, record count, CDX index files, VCX, SCX, and PJX files and more. New version works "in the background" to auto fix corrupted headers as you open them. "Fox Fix will attempt to validate the initial index pointers to ensure they are valid. " (I'm not sure if this is fully compatible with Visual Foxpro 7. The FLL only supports up to Visual Foxpro 6. You can use it in VFP7 by directly calling the DLL, but it seems to have some quirks. -- Shelly Moore)
- Pro Tech - Checks and/or Repairs: file size, record counts, discrepancies in record sizes and fields defined in header offset, errors in the header, field name errors, field type errors, header offsets, number of fields, missing memo files, field definitions for references to memos, CDX flags, database type flag and more.
- Recover by abri - a comprehensive, automatic, FoxPro file error detection and recovery utility. Recover can also repair alphaFive/Clipper/FoxBase+/dBASEIIIplus DBF and memo files headers and restore records from the corrupted .DBF files. -- This one said it fixed a memo file, but VFP said "Memo file ptcandid.fpt is missing or is invalid." when I tried to pack it.
Abri's note: that hapens when user does not generate a .def file per instructions.
I just bought Abri's Recover online. The download was immediate to my email address - $70 for single user. I had 2 corrupted tables in a VFP 8 app (server crashed previous day). I spent about 1 minute reading the directions and fixed both files within a couple minutes. This was a good value for me in this case. -- Peter Diotte
- Stellar Phoenix DBF Repair - Repairs corrupt or damaged .dbf file created using FoxPro 6.0, 7.0, 8.0 & 9.0. Software is available in two versions: demo & full. Demo version show the preview of corrupt database and you need to purchase the software to save the repaired file.
- http://dbfdoctor.com/ - Bring your damaged dbf-file back to life with DBF Doctor.
- http://www.dbf2002.com/dbf-recovery/ - Repair all dbf file formats. Free trial version. (Updated: January 25, 2016)
- CMRepair http://www.cmstory.com/
- Your Own UDF's -- It's not hard to write a udf using simple low-level file functions to fix simple cases of table corruption (or, to just plain manipulate tables, such as to remove the CDX reference before reindexing). Here are some samples:
Category Third Party Products Category Data Corruption Category 3 Star Topics
DBF Repair Toolbox perfectly correct files. Dbf all versions and created in different programs, not only Visual Foxpro.
( Topic last updated: 2016.04.09 06:54:26 AM )