Owner/manager of Ted Roche & Associates, LLC ( http://www.tedroche.com), an independent consulting firm specializing in data-centric software development, technical support, mentoring and training. Available for New England-based or off-site support questions. Actively advocating FOSS technologies: Linux, Apache, MySQL (or Postgre SQL), Python, PHP, Ruby on Rails as the best technologies to augment VFP applications and in clean-slate development.
- Current: Owner & Senior Developer at Ted Roche & Associates, LLC since July 4, 2001
- Former Director of ASP Development at USData Centers Inc., working with Harold Chattaway on http://www.bugcentral.com.
- Former Director of Development at Blackstone, Incorporated, a 10-year-old Microsoft Solution Provider, lost during the dot-com-bomb.
Software developer at New Hampshire Insurance, where we wrote an R&R Report that closed the company
- Software developer for Massachusetts Department of Public Health, Division of Food & Drugs
Awards and Certifications
- Blogging at http://blog.tedroche.com/
- Editor of v 1.10 of "Using SQLite to Bypass the 2 GB .DBF Filesize Limit" by Whil Hentzen, Hentzenwerke Publishing, 2013, http://www.hentzenwerke.com/catalog/sqlite2gb.htm
- Technical Editor of "MySQL Client - Server Applications with Visual FoxPro" (MySQL VFP) by Whil Hentzen, Hentzenwerke Publishing, 2007, ISBN 1930919700
- Former author of RSS Feeds for FoxPro developers scraping Fox Wiki and West Wind- discontinued as Steven and Rick released their own feeds
- Author "Essential Sourcesafe," ISBN 1930919050, a comprehensive book on installing, configuring and maintaining Visual Source Safe and Visual Sourcesafe Integration, published by HentzenWerke.
- Co-author of the award-winning Hackers Guide ™ to VisualFoxPro® 3.0, 6.0 and 7.0 ISBN 1930919220 with Tamar Granor, Drew Speedie, Steven Black, Doug Hennig and Della Martin.
- Technical Editor for "Microsoft Office Automation with Visual Foxpro" ISBN 1930919050 by Tamar Granor and Della Martin.
- Contributing author or technical editor to four books on Foxpro 2.x:
- Using FoxPro for DOS 2.5, Que Publishing, Lisa Slater and SteveArnott - technical editor and co-author of two chapters revised from earlier version
- Using FoxPro for Windows 2.5, Que Publishing, Lisa Slater and SteveArnott - same as above
- Using FoxPro for Windows 2.6, Que Publishing, Lisa Slater and SteveArnott with NancyJacobsen and JosephGotthelf
- FoxPro Windows Advanced Multi-User Developer's Handbook, Brady, Pat Adams and JordanPowell - one of two technical editors
- FoxPro 2.5 Programmer's Reference, Que, Hawkins, Tamar Granor and BillHouse - technical editor for a few chapters
- Former contributing editor to FoxPro Advisor - 50 columns of Ask Advisor and several feature articles
- Article author for Fox Talk, from "Snappy ANSI Startup Screens," February 1992, to "VFP Automates Open Office.org," May 2003.
SpeakingSpeaker at numerous conferences over the years, (see White Paper Directory) including Great Lakes Great Database Workshop GLGDbW 94, GLGDbW 95, GLGDbW 97, GLGDbW 2000, GLGDbW 2001, GLGDBW2002, GLGDbW 2003, DevCon 8, DevCon 9, DevCon 11, DevCon 12, DevCon 13, Advisor DevCon 1995, DevConGermany1994, DevConGermany1995, DevConGermany1996, DevConGermany1997, DevConGermany1998, DevCon Germany 1999, DevCon Germany 2000 and 2001, Fox Teach ('95, '96, '97, '99, Fox Teach 01), VFP DevCon 2000, VFP DevCon 2001, VFP DevCon 2002, Essential Fox 2002, Essential Fox 2003, Essential Fox 2004 and frequent speaker at the Boston Area FoxPro User Group.
2006-2010: President and Chairman of the Board of the Greater New Hampshire Linux User Group, an umbrella organization of 5 chapter LUGs and two language SIGs and an activist with the Central New Hampshire Linux User Group and participant in Software Freedom Day.
Topics I've contributed to: http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?wiki~TopicTextSearch~TedRoche
Category People Category Consulting Category Companies
( Topic last updated: 2013.11.13 10:56:12 AM )