Note: The first step in analyzing the VFP Brand Marketing problems is to understand Brand Marketing
Given a limited budget and within MS limited scope (realistically), what would you suggest to improve the VFP Brand? Add Comments to Improving VFP Brand...
Let's define the VFP Brand.
VFP, the Product
- Windows development environment
- Royalty free runtime
- Extremely complete and expressive programming language
- Wide open meta data, in native formats no less.
- Extremely connective across data formats for I and for O.
- Few differences between development and production environments
- Backward compatible to its origins (circa 1985).
- Native record-level data handling.
VFP, its Personality
- Rock solid (relative to all other contemporary standards)
- Object - Oriented
- Data-centric development environment. By default you are in the data tier when you work with VFP.
- Not cutting edge. On balance this is good -- the tool has been honed and updated, but not re-engineered, for the last three versions.
- Top notch Category Third Party Products
- Supremely extensible Possibly combine this with comment on Category Third Party Products ?
VFP, its Promise
- You'll potentially be supremely productive
- You'll be well supported by peers when you venture online
- You'll build strong, stable, data-centric apps faster than with other tools.
- You'll get no respect from Microsoft
- You'll be publicly ridiculed for using it
- You'll get no respect in the press
See: Improving VFP Brand
Category VFP Marketing
( Topic last updated: 2005.09.13 03:43:08 PM )