I putting together a presentation of Visual FoxExpress for Chicago FUDG. I could use some help figuring out what things I should show. Please help me flesh it out. Espicially the "more neat stuff". I am looking for "high impact" items. Things that can be shown quickly that have a high entertainment value.
- Simple app
- Show features of a simple VFE app
- add a record
- search for a record
- point all the ways the save() method can be called (toolbar save, save button on a form, file/save, ^s, any more?)
- Show that escape aborts even if the current control has invalid validation.
- Build it
- Show more neat stuff
- right click = toolbar
- query builder
- Window menu, current forms and cascade
- Window positions can be saved between sessions.
- Show the Mark Austen Tutorial App, show a copy of the tutorial.
- Show the VFE sample app.
- Add some Neat things to the app we built
- use cbizobj.lnewonparentnew
- turn on security
- cbizobj.creport - The name of the report file to print for the business object or the command class to execute.
- add a business rule
- add a registry thing using cpreference (help! I need a good example of something to store in the registry. I am thinking of "path to dbc".)
- Show DBCX Explorer
- Set up a lookup and show it running.
- Add a value to a lookup on the fly.
- Create/Modify a Wizard and run it.
- Call Biz Obj from Excel, etc.
- Show values from Fox Tables then same app accessing something else.
- SDT & SFQuery compatability.
- F1 Conference.
- Talk about what Randy Jean did to access a COM object with the cursor object.
- Add more here.
- and here...
- and here...
They might think a HTML frontend to a VFP business object is cool! I built one pretty easily and I think I used the sample business objects. Most of it was created by Mike Feltman and I got it on the conference or in the help file.
Contributors Carl Karsten Will Tartak Jim Icenhower
Category Visual FoxExpress
( Topic last updated: 2000.07.27 07:50:01 AM )