- Install VFP and VFP SP4
- Install either IISSetup or PWSSetup
- Download WConnect.exe - http://www.west-wind.com/WebConnection/download.asp
- Run WConnect.exe - default of c:\wconnect is good, run setup.exe when finished
- The WC setup wizard and help should come up. Close the help file.
- Wc wizard step 1 - pick the webserver you installed above (IIS or PWS)
- go with the defaults for the rest of the WC wizard - hit finish.
- click on http://localhost/wconnect/ - you should get the Web Connect welcome page.
If you are running NTFS, you will need to set the rights to c:\temp\wc to allow full access by everyone. people running win9x or NT with Fat filesystems don't have to worry about this.
Contributors Carl Karsten
Category Web Tools
( Topic last updated: 2000.10.25 01:16:04 AM )