West Wind Web Connection, made by West Wind Technologies, is a one-stop Web development tool for Visual FoxPro. This sophisticated tool can create powerful and scalable Web applications quickly and easily.
- Powerful ISAPI or .NET managed extensions and server manager
- Object Oriented Visual FoxPro server framework
- Easy to use classes for managing server input and generating server output. Object interfaces and names compatible with ASP.
- Raw HTTP output generation from code for most control and performance
- Several frameworks to help generate HTML
- Web Control Framework (ASP.NET like), Templating (MVC like), Scripting (PHP like)
- All framework markup can use FoxPro code
- AJAX and JSON service support for building REST services
- XML support. Create POX services or WSDL based SOAP services
- Client side tools to access Web Content over HTTP from VFP client applications.
- Several client examples demonstrating building thin client XML applications talking to Fat Web Connection XML services.
- Extensive remote server management features. Servers run as controlled COM objects in very efficient pool that is much faster than comparable VFP COM objects running in ASP. Pool is managed to allow online starting and stopping, adding of servers. You can even update code in real-time remotely without any server shutdowns simply by uploading new binaries. Crash recovery and timeout protection of servers make for bullet proof installations.
- Extensive getting started guides, examples and fully searchable HTML Help File - the best in the business.
- Full source code to message board application.
- Online Web Store sample application available separately. Get your e-Commerce apps off the ground quickly.
- Everything comes with Visual FoxPro source code to learn and extend the framework if necessary.
Web site and free demo:
See Also: Web Connection Tips
Category Web Tools Category Third Party Products Category Frameworks Category Web Development
( Topic last updated: 2014.05.12 04:26:39 PM )